PERFORMING LINES WA UPDATE
An update from Performing Lines WA on their 2017 and 2018 plans; what's going on at Perth HQ; WA works in development; WA works available for touring; and the latest news and tours in development from our Sydney and Tasmanian teams.
Performing Lines WA nurtures the development of West Australian artists whose work pushes boundaries and sparks new conversations. They work with independent artists and small-to-medium companies to get their projects off the ground, working closely with them at any point of a production’s life: from the seed of an idea to development, premiere, and national and international touring.
They provide advice and support, and work collaboratively across the sector to advocate on behalf of artists and presenters locally, nationally and internationally.
- Creative Producing: we get new work onto the stage;
- Touring: we seek and support regional, national and international touring opportunities;
- Financial management: we help artists get the funds they need and manage the budget for individual projects;
- Production: we manage the technical and production aspects of performances;
- Strategic and business planning: we support artists planning for a sustainable future and identify opportunities for development;
- Marketing and communications: we get West Australian artists seen and heard.